Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ear Infection....

Not exactly a milestone I wanted to reach.... baby's first ear infection. :( Last night was horrible for her. She woke up almost every 2 hours crying out because she couldn't breathe due to congestion and her ear bothering her. She was tugging on her ear like crazy. At the time I thought she may just have a common cold (congested, fever and fussy) with teething (can cause them to tug on ears). I knew there was a possibility for an ear infection but was hoping it wasn't that.

After constantly fighting fevers and using the syringe on her nose I called as soon as the clinic opened. Of course the Eielson clinic was booked. They always are!!!! So they referred us to the urgent care clinic in town. When we got there it was only a 30 minute wait (last time it was 90!). The PA was really nice and confirmed my suspicion.. she has an ear infection. Amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days and she should be good as new. Unfortunately this means that I will need to watch out for fevers still.

So far I've needed to give her tylenol as directed (every 4-6 hours) to keep her temperature down. It sucks =\ I really hope the medicine will get her back to her old self soon. I feel so helpless watching her. Poor kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment