I've been applying for jobs since February (1 month post partum) but no success. It's getting slightly annoying but my schedule isn't open like it used to be so I'm not too surprised. I'm trying to decide what's ultimately best for us. I could open my schedule up more if I put Kaylin in daycare... however the cost and fears I have make me not want to do that. I'm only willing to work part time (depending on the job, I'd do full time) but with limited time to work (after Adam gets out) it makes finding a job very hard. There isn't many 24 hour businesses in the area either so that makes it harder too. There are a few part time jobs I've applied to but I have a feeling that my hours aren't what they're looking for (evenings and weekends). Since most places are only open until 10pm, most wont hire someone who can only work from 5pm-10pm. It just sucks. But I'm just not ready to put Kaylin into daycare, I think she's way too young. Right now my desire to work is for us to be able to save more. Since getting our 2011 Subaru Forester it's been harder to save as much as we'd like monthly. Though we can still save (a bit), pay bills and everything.. we just don't like having a cushion to fall back on. You know? We knew what we were getting into when getting a new car and normally would be okay with it but me being a worrier and planner I just feel like the more income we have the better I'll feel. It's just crazy how much more money we'd be saving without the car (450 a month).. but the care was very much needed. =\
Anyway.... in the school department...
I've been requesting information from different colleges to help me make a decision on which I'd like to go with. Tuition is an issue no matter where I go, so I figure I need to choose based off the program they offer. Right now the top two I'm looking into is Phoenix and Kaplan. Both I've heard are amazing online colleges. I'm just bummed that they're both expensive. They both offer military assistance for spouses, active duty and retired/veterans though so that's a bonus. Unfortunately I'd still have to get a lot of financial aid to help pay for it. It just sucks because compared to the local University (that has the EXACT program I want) they are between $10,000-$20,000 more in tuition. It would almost makes me want to get over my fears of daycare just to be able to go to school for what I want and not pay a ton! On the other hand, being able to care for Kaylin while working on school at my own pace has it's advantages.
I'm hoping by September school will be figured out. I'd like to be enrolled ASAP. I'm ready to finally finish my schooling and start my career. I just wish money wasn't an issue. Both Adam and I never had a college fund or scholarship so college has always been a struggle for us financially. It sucks!
Anyway... now to just wait and see when these colleges contact me....
No comments:
Post a Comment