Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Government Shutdown?

I'm truly disgusted watching the news. The games the government have been playing over this budget and shutdown is ridiculous. They knew this was coming yet seem to be waiting to the last second to come to an agreement. This is bullshit (excuse my language).

My family depends on the paycheck my husband receives every 2 weeks. I'm a stay at home mom and to know that the government plans to not pay the military stresses me out. Yes, we have savings but not much. We have had troubles requiring us to take from savings in the past as well as get a new car due to our cars failing us. We have been responsible with our finances but that doesn't mean it's kept us from suffering from random issues like everyone else. We have enough money to get us through to possibly June before this fully effects us but it would be EXTREMELY tight and rough for us.

The only way thats even possible is because the majority of our bills are due to our bank which is a military member bank (USAA). They are working to help members during this time and help handle payments. Without them being helpful we would be unable to make it very long. Living in alaska is not cheap by any means and my main concern is diapers, wipes, food for us and gas. We would easily give up phone, internet and cable to prevent debt/bad credit but that wont help us get the things we NEED. My baby can't go without things.

I'm angry and outraged with our government knowing they think its alright to make military work without pay. Not only that but if a military member dies during the shutdown the family wont receive death benefits. It's down right sickening!

I'm stressed and hoping this can be avoided and if not that it wont last long. This is bull!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I could understand if the government halting hiring new recruits, or cut back on deployments, but active duty members should be paid for the work they are doing. These men and women help keep our country safe, and risk their lives for us, they should not have to worry about whether or not they're going to get paid. It's not fair to screw around with people's livelihoods. Especially, when there are many other wasteful areas of spending that could be cut back, but continually get passed, or overlooked, due to corruption and greed.

    ReplyDelete