Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Good and Bad.

The good:

Being a mom is amazing! I can't believe how much I love taking care of Kaylin. Don't get me wrong, it's tiring... but taking care of her calms me down. If she's changed, fed and loved then I know I've done a great job that day even if she gets fussy. She's actually a pretty good baby right now. Sometimes she has her moments where she just wants to fuss around and we just try our best to get her past it. She tends to make herself mad by knocking her pacifier out of her mouth then looks at you like "why did you take it out?!" lol. She is starting to get much more active through out the day which is nice because she is starting to sleep better at night between feedings. :)

Having her has definitely changed my life for the better. I'm so in love with our life and my little family. Adam is amazing with her. I love seeing him hold her.. it just melts my heart. <3

The bad:

I've had a few complications since my c-section and it's made recovery very difficult. I have an infection with pitting edema near the incision line, fluid in my lung and now internal hemroids (gross, i know). When I went to the ER due to the fluid in my lung (it was preventing me from breathing) they did a chest ct scan and discovered something else aside from the fluid. The finding has me worried and upset because I just had this beautiful baby girl that I don't want to have to deal with this last issue. The complications will go away easily, I'm not so sure about this last thing. :( I have 2 consults I need to go to. One for internal medicine and one for the medical surgeon unit. They will come up with a plan and do what is necessary to figure out what exactly is going on in my chest. The only issue is the closest surgeon to handle my case is in Anchorage (7 hours away) or Seattle. =\

I just really want this to be over and know whats going on already. I don't want to keep worrying and wondering. I just want to enjoy this time in my life the way I should be able to.

All this aside I'm completely thrilled to have my daughter. I'd go through this all again because she's worth it all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope they figure out what's going on in your chest soon, and that it's nothing major...VERY glad you guys are enjoying having Kaylin :D

    ReplyDelete