Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kaylin's 2 week check up!

Our little girl is growing right on schedule and is doing really well! I'm so glad that regardless of how I'm doing that she is doing amazing! Also thrilled to know Adam and I are doing a great job at keeping her healthy and happy :) I was really nervous the first week about everything relating to her care and now it's starting to be a bit easier. I feel more comfortable in trusting my instincts. It's so hard at first to not follow every single thing you read. It's really about knowing what to do but following your babies cues. She lets me know when she wants to feed better then what the books tell me.

The doctor said we can keep feeding her every 2-3 hours during the day and have 1 stretch of 4-6 at night if she rather sleep. I'm glad to hear this because lately she will want to sleep 4-5 hours but I've been waking her because the books tell you to keep feeding them every 2-3 hours day and night. So I'd wake her up and then she'd get a bit fussy for a hour or two even if she was fed and changed because she wanted sleep and we woke her then couldn't fall back asleep right away. Now I wont freak if she rather sleep at night then eat. :)

Anyway, I'm so thrilled so see her doing so well and can't wait till she starts hitting all the major mile stones. She is holding her head up really well and I'm sure soon enough we'll be getting great use out of her bumbo seat :D

Well.. off to spend some time with Adam before getting some sleep. <3

2 comments: