Did you know while pregnant you could get carpal tunnel syndrome???! Granted now I know why this would make sense but when I first started to experience the symptoms I was confused. Reasons why you can get this during pregnancy: Due to the increase in fluid retention and swelling during pregnancy it causes pressure on the median nerve. When the median nerve is compressed this is what causes the tingling, numbness and pain in the wrist and hand. Very uncomfortable!!
Theres so many things people don't talk about happening when you get pregnant. Theres the obvious swelling of hands and feet, risk of gestational diabetes, risk of high blood pressure resulting in preeclampsia, weight gain/loss, morning sickness, heartburn, headaches, frequent urination, breast enlargement/leakage, back pain and food aversions/cravings.
Things you don't hear about: Sinus issues, carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as some personal changes... sweating (not always in usual places! gross), constipation, acne, and issues with concentrating.
By the way: If you plan on getting pregnant.. DO KEGELS. lol. If you don't know what that is click: http://goo.gl/Ew2p
Of course not all these things will happen to you or with every pregnancy you have but theres chances you can experience these things. I was not aware of carpal tunnel syndrome happening so when it started it completely freaked me out. My wrists are in so much pain I want to scream! Hoping I can prevent further damage and this will go away after the baby is born.
Just amused at all the things you don't hear about happening in pregnancy. Its of course annoying at times but all these things are well worth it in the end <3

Kiki, thank you so much for the kind comments you left for me the other day.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for talking about all the lesser known pregnancy issues! I, for one, am so interested in hearing about these things because no one ever talks about the bad stuff!