After the annoyance of another stranger looking at me, I became annoyed that the labs messed up before. Everything they did get at the last appointment were fine but somethings hadn't been done. Uh.. ok? Good job lab, way to drop the ball on that one! Tomorrow I actually go in for my glucose test, urine screening, and blood work to check kidney and liver function. Lucky me! I also was annoyed I was told by Alice (previous Midwife) that I would get an ultrasound on top of doppler for the heartbeat. I made a fuss about that with my midwife today and asked if I would before the 20 week one. She assured me I would at my 16 week one, but I wasn't happy with having to wait 4 more weeks! She luckily was nice and understood my concern when she finally realized all we went through to get pregnant. DUH.. high risk pregnancy!! Now after giving some attitude she referred me to get an ultrasound at an outside clinic. Part of this is because she wants to also get a fetal echo done due to the heart issues with my twin. (Which she also discovered after reading my history).
Overall the appointment was annoying due to idiots not properly doing their job. Note to medical providers: Do not tell a pregnant women you're going to do one thing and instead do another. Theres enough uncertainty with pregnancy.. don't need our doctors/midwives adding to the confusion and concern!! Lol..
When we first heard the babies heartbeat though I was thrilled and all that frustration melted away. At first it was scary cause it was faint. The baby kept moving around making it hard for her to position the doppler right. Once she found the little one it came out loud and clear! A very strong heartbeat!!! :) I was so excited and pretty much in shock to be hearing it. I couldn't wait to hear it but it just seemed so surreal!! Also me losing weight (6lbs) rather then gaining in the first 12 weeks had me concerned. Though due to the morning sickness my midwife wasn't concerned. She just told me to keep an eye on it and keep eating healthy/exercising. I must say as long as I keep hearing and seeing good things for the baby I wont be too crabby with the clinic. Just want a happy and healthy baby when this is all over.
Can't say I'm not thrilled to be seeing Mathieu on July 21 for my next appointment though. I adore that doctor!! She's amazing at what she does after all :) Anyway, just wanted to post a quick update. Once the imaging center calls (sometime in the next 5 days) I'll hopefully have an appointment soon for the ultrasound and fetal echo! Cross your fingers that everything keeps looking good for us and the little one <3

Glad things went well for you guys, even if the appointment was frustrating!
ReplyDelete