For a second I'd like to rant.
My finance instructor is a total bore! I think she could spend more time in discussion because I don't think enough effort is being put into developing a good discussion on the material we're going over. It's great that she has things posted ahead of time but it gives me the feeling she did that cause she lacks the time to get on and actually direct the course. Granted it's the first week so I probably should see how the next 8 weeks go..
Everything else has been great so far. Both courses I'm currently taking are very well laid out as far as the calendar looks. Discussion session is typical through the week but the assignments for both aren't due until the end of the week. That's fantastic for me! Especially with being sick, hardly getting sleep and Kaylin getting into everything it's been nice getting to do the assignment any time during the week that's best. I currently only have 1 assignment that's due and that's because there is a lot of reading involved. I've finished most of it (from the portion I've covered) and will have it handed in before the deadline.
In other words... school is probably the least stressful thing for me right now. Yes, it's frustrating trying to study and have Kaylin but right now I don't find myself struggling at all to keep up. I'm ahead and having plenty of time to do the work. It's going really well. I'm hoping things will stay this easy going in future courses. Though it all depends on the instructor how the assignments are given, the over all experience shouldn't change much so I doubt I'll hate school any time soon.
Not saying it's full of excitement or anything but I'm learning, motivated and confident in myself so that's great! I'm very happy about this chapter in my life. Things just seem to be going well in this area.
In other areas of my life it's a bit different. I'm extremely upset with my weight loss. Since getting my gallbladder out and being put on different medicines I've been struggling to lose weight or keep off what I did lose. It's VERY discouraging and depressing for me! I'm hoping I'll be able to get back on track soon with weight loss but that all depends on my body. I'm hoping to fit more gym time into my week to increase my chances of losing. I don't care if I don't lose a lot each week.. I just need to lose! I loved the way things looked in April when I was down 40lbs.. What the hell happened?! I don't understand how my body works and it's frustrating to deprive myself of yummy things and work my butt off knowing that it's barely if helping at all.
I have an appointment with my doctor on the 3rd of October to discuss my medicines and such with him. Weight loss is very important to me and I really don't want this to be the only area in my life that isn't going well. I need to figure out a way to regulate my hormones better and adjust my lifestyle to help with my current gaining/not losing issue! I'd love to be healthy and right now I'm not. It's the only thing about me I'm not happy with. My marriage, motherhood, school and social life is going rather well. It's just this one thing about myself that's making me feel crappy. Granted there are other things in my life causing me heartache.. but I can't fix those things and I'd really like to fix this. So here's to hoping my doctor can steer me in the right direction to help me get back to losing weight!!
Anyway... done with my break.. back to reading about Finance... wooo.....

No comments:
Post a Comment