Well I decided going to a therapist could probably help me with some issues I've been having. I figure whatever gets me relaxed and stress free for Kaylin is worth a shot. I haven't been to one in a while and this one working for the military kind of had me nervous. He is a civilian though so it wasn't too bad. I'm thinking of changing to a female though because discussing some issues I have may just make more sense if I'm talking to a woman. I just highly doubt he can relate to my woman issues and breast feeding problems lol.
He was a real nice guy though.. looked a lot like Dr. Phil. He gave me a book to read with ways he thinks will help me manage my anxiety so I don't need to take medicine. I'm not against going back on anti-anxiety medicine but with breastfeeding the less I have to take the better! He helped me talk about somethings and got me to discuss the root of the problem which I never really discussed much. He ordered me to take more time for relaxation over the next week until my appointment to help lower my anxiety before my trip. I'm not sure if anything he mentioned will truly work but at least I know if I keep up with therapy I'll have someone to discuss my issues with.
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy in my life. I like the life Adam and I have made and I'm thrilled to now be a mom. I just have issues that I need to work on that I've ignored for 4 years. I also need help controlling my anxiety so I can lower stress level. So we'll see how this goes. I prefer talk therapy to medicine.. we'll see if I can do that and get control of it.
Anyway, off to nap while Kaylin is sound asleep ;)

Good for you! Which book did he recommend? I'm just curious because one psychologist I went to insisted that I read some book "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life" to overcome my anxiety (I never did read it). He also thought I could rid myself of anxiety by learning to breathe properly. I spent 3 sessions with him just breathing. I didn't go back. :)
ReplyDelete"The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" I haven't read it yet but he said it has tips on how to relax. I planned on looking it over tonight. He suggested 3 things for me to try.
ReplyDelete1)I take an hour at least 3 days a week to have some "me time" to help me relax.
2)I take 2 times a day to try some form of meditation.
3)Then since I'm a constant thinker that when I start to have negative thoughts to tell myself something positive out loud while I write it down. <-- this one I don't know about. lol
The first 2 make sense but it's not like I haven't tried those things. =\ I don't know we'll see what happens with talking.
I definintely think it's a good plan! You need to take care of yourself as well...Not that you don't or that Kaylin's not top priority, but I think you know what I mean, lol...I hope this helps you!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete