Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Update on Hospital stay and family.

Monday as you all read in my previous blog wasn't a good night for us. After 24 hours of being monitored and my OBGYN being on call Tuesady we finally started getting good news. Early Tuesday morning they were going to let me off the baby montiors since Kaylin was being such a good girl but Dr. Mathieu (my obgyn) wanted to be extra cautious and kept me on until 6pm. After Dr. Mathieu felt comfortable knowing our little girl was doing amazing for so long she finally let me off the monitors. It was a great feeling to have those off! Not only because I didn't have to worry about my sweet little girl but because they are SO uncomfortable! Hehe.

At 730pm Dr. Mathieu came in to send off my 24 hour urine, preform the FFN (Fetal Fibronectin), do a cervix exam (check dilation and baby position) and preform an ultrasound to check my cervix length. The baby was positioned very far up which is great and I still wasn't dilated! That was great news.. then to hear my cervix length was doing ok was even better. After that I had a huge sigh of relief cause that meant everything was stablizing! At that point both Dr. Mathieu and I were feeling confident that the FFN would come back negative.

At 1015pm we got the results. I loved my nurse, she was so sweet. Hearing her say my protein level in my urine was good for me and that the FFN was negative was just amazing. I finally got to relax completely after hearing those words! Though my doctor felt that even if I did get a positive the threat wasn't as bad as they anticipated and she would have kept me here in Fairbanks for further observation from her until it was necessary to send me to Providence. But regardless of how she would have done it if positive I really didn't want to have to be here waiting with a positive result, the threat would be terrifying for us all.

I'm not at all upset about having to stay a couple extra days in Basset being monitored by her now because of the negative reading and all good info we got. It's an amazing feeling knowing how much she cares about us and our baby. After all she has just as much concern for her as we do, after all Kaylin wouldn't be here without her. I'm also not complaining because they took out my catheter, shut off the IV drip and got 5 hours of restful sleep! Knowing Kaylin is healthy, staying put for a few weeks and under such great care I could finally sleep.

I just can't really begin to describe the rush of emotions I've experienced over the last few days. Also to know how much people care about us and our baby was heart warming. It was nice knowing we had support from our family, friends and Adam's co-workers. I really can't thank everyone enough for all their kind words. Just thankful for the people we have in our life and Kaylin will be lucky to be born into a such a loving community. :)

So just restating the plan for the rest of my pregnancy: Dr. Mathieu just talked to me confirming I'll most likely leave on Friday. She will keep me on bed rest for my stay but allow me to shower daily (YES!) and use the bathroom without having a catheter. While I'm here she will be doing NSTs (Non Stress Tests) every 12 hours... meaning she will monitor baby for 30 minutes every 12 hours. She will also be checking my cervix and keeping me on the medicine to keep my BP lower and stop contractions. Once I leave the hospital its bed rest, staying on the meds, coming in weekly to see her as well as getting NSTs twice weekly. The goal is to make it to full term with this constant monitoring (37 weeks at least). If for any reason Kaylin decided to come earlier then 37 weeks that would change the plan, so we wont know till something like that happened (and what week) what actions to take. We're hoping to not have to worry about that though :) And right now theres no reason to believe that with all the measures they're taking that we'd go preterm. :) Keep fingers crossed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a side note: My father-in-law has taken a turn for the worse. We found out Monday that his cancer is effecting his brain making everything a lot harder on us.. especially Adam. He's not making much sense when he talks and doesn't recognize when my sister in law is there visiting. He's also having trouble staying awake and has low energy. I can't begin to imagine how Adam was feeling knowing his father is now in hospice trying to hang on and his wife/baby being in the hospital with the threat of preterm labor. My heart was breaking for him and seeing how strong he was being for me was amazing. He is such a strong man and I know how difficult he was having it but wanted his best to not let it show for my sake. He's just such a strong man that I'm glad Kaylin will have such a great father.

I really hope Kaylin will let us deliver her at full term incase things finally call for Adam to go back home. That hurts knowing I couldn't travel with him especially knowing what he will be going through and will need MY support then. I just hope his best friend (Kellen, he recently went through this) will be a good source of support in my place. Of course we'd love for his father to beat all odds and stay around until we could bring Kaylin back east to meet her grandfather but we know how bad it is. I just wish there was something I could do to help Adam out during this time. I'm here for him the whole way and he knows that but if he had to travel it sucks knowing I couldn't.

I just hate seeing my husband hurting and stressed. If I could handle the stress right now I'd gladly take it from him. Right now though I have to try my very hardest to stay focused on Kaylin and I because stress could send me into preterm labor. It's so hard knowing your situation and being unable to help your spouse. I just hope that we'll make it through all this feeling stronger. I don't think we could get any closer then we are but could definitely use the extra strength to make it through all this.

Anyway, this blog is getting very long and I need to lay back and relax. I just wanted to fill everyone in on our current situation. Please keep us in your thoughts as well as Adam's dad. Hoping for the best and staying positive for our little girl. :) Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support, we truely feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Very good news with you & Kaylin!! SO glad to hear it!!! Hopefully she decides to stay put until closer to your due date :)

    I'm really, really sorry to hear about Snyder's dad...I can only imagine how worries he must be...Hopefully he hangs in there & can meet Kaylin when you guys go back home...

    ReplyDelete