The weather is so upsetting. We have horrible freezing rain that has managed to close down parts of the highway, shut down the bases and close some businesses. I was okay with missing my appointment and NST today because even if we could have made it there that base was closed to incoming traffic. Wednesday is my next NST but the weather is calling for freezing rain tonight and tomorrow with winter mix on Wednesday. Then Friday I was going to my rescheduled NST that I had to miss today but forecast says we're getting snow showers Thursday and Friday. UGH. I HATE ALASKA. It's beautiful but this weather is making me miss very important appointments. After last weeks scare I need the reassurance. Bed rest and the contraction medicine only helps me lower risk of preterm labor it doesn't eliminate it. :( I just want the roads to get better so I can make my appointments and know for sure things are still great.
In the mean time.. I just need to hope it gets better and calm down. It's so hard to do though... but stressing certainly wont help my situation. I'm doing fetal kick counts 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) just to reassure myself she is fine since I can't check my own cervix lol. She does at least 10 kicks in 2 hours for one of the fetal kick counts and 4 kicks in a hour for the other two times I check. So she seems to be doing just fine... I just worry about myself. This is rough.... so close I just hope things go well for the remainder. I just want my daughter to enter this world healthy and ready. :(
Just need to breathe.. take it one day at a time..

No comments:
Post a Comment