I've started to realize over the last few weeks the main thing on my mind is MONEY. I've been trying very hard to not stress over things that are months away but its hard when those things require so much money. I figure I can't just hope that we will magically have the money required for things to be in our account when the times comes. I need to budget things ahead of time. I've spent the whole summer saving not only for us to help fly my mom out to Alaska (we are splitting the cost for her) but for us to have emergency funds in case Adam needed to go back east for my father in law.
Since it's getting close to our daughter being born its now turned into saving money for our trip back east in April and helping my mom get here. I've estimated the trip to cost us $3500 to go back east. That's on top of paying bills, budgeting in baby stuff and still managing to have money in savings when we return. To do all that it has made me really stress over how much we can save and when. Luckily we will be traveling after tax return so that will cover the cost of tickets (averaging between 1000-1200 a person). We usually get back 2000-2500 so that will cover a good portion of the 3500 needed. However, the rest we need to save.
With my car giving us a TON of trouble since January it really ate away a lot of our savings. We basically had to start from scratch in July saving up again because my car needed yet another thing repaired. After the last issue we decided it wasn't worth it to keep fixing it just to have our money go to waste. We've been doing fine ever since we stopped putting money into my car. Luckily!
Now I just really hope my budgets will work and I will have everything planned out well for our trips as well as the arrival of our daughter. Adam and I both say we wish we didn't have to pay to go back home.. because then we would be stress free of money. Too bad everything costs an arm and a leg. =\ I just can't stand the idea of saving up all this money to basically spend it on ONE thing (going back home). Luckily this one thing will be well worth it in the end.
I find comfort in knowing that once our tickets are bought everything else will be easier to deal with. I just need to hold out until March then I'll be able to relax a bit.
Of course Adam teased about how it'd be nice if she came at the end of December. Haha, of course that would be nice! Honestly though, if she did come in late December (when I'm full term) that would be the only upside (more tax money). I really rather her stay in as long as possible.. or as long as she needs! I'm ready to meet her, but want her to be ready.. so extra money could wait.
Now off to dream of it being April and us being back east already. Back east with my baby girl and husband enjoying our families company with money worries about the trip being in the past............ :)

No comments:
Post a Comment