Well, as of this appointment the plan still stands that I'll be delivering at 39weeks. The reason behind this is because of risk of pre-eclampsia due to hypertension already being an issue this pregnancy. Though I've been able to maintain a reasonable BP my doctor is concerned that the longer she's in me the higher the risk of developing Pre-E the last couple weeks of my pregnancy.
She will schedule me around 37-38 weeks for the induction at 39 weeks. I'm not too thrilled to have to be induced so I'm really hoping things go naturally for us before then. NOT before 37 weeks, I obviously want her to be full term! (Full term = 37 weeks+) The main thing that worries me is the risk of C-Section from induction. If things don't progress as they should or baby/I start to have complications they will need to do an emergency C-Section. That's just scarey in general to me. I've had a few surgeries before so I'm not so worried about the process. I'm worried about the recovery and complications that the C-Section could have. I believe in my doctor and know she would do everything in her power to make sure baby and I come out healthy though. Lets just hope for a successful natural birth before induction.. or at the very least a successful induction!
As for whats to happen over then next 8 weeks and 4 days... lots of baby monitoring! I will see her every week - 2 weeks with baby monitoring. She'll hook me up to the baby monitor to make sure she's moving around and has a good heartbeat for about 30 minutes every appointment. It'll be nice to have the extra time hearing her :) I must say though high risk pregnancy is scarey from the very beginning.. it's nice to have the extra monitoring and visits. It oddly enough eases your mind even though you know theres issues warranting the extra check ups.
So to recap.. our plan:
Monitor our baby girl for the next 8 weeks. My mom will fly in at the end of December. Around January 9th I'll be induced/go naturally. I'll take an Epidural if the pain gets to be too much but I'm not against going all natural if possible. As long as theres no C-Section and baby checks out okay we'll be released within 2 days of delivery. Lets keep our fingers crossed the plan works out!

OMG Killeen, it's getting SO close!!! I can only imagine how excited you're getting!!!
ReplyDelete