Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Labor and Delivery

Giving those of you interested info on what's going on with baby and I.

Around 4 we went to get a routine ultrasound that was anything but routine. The tech kept asking me if I experienced any leaking or bleeding... I hadn't at all. She the called in the radiologist because apparently my cervix appeared very small. It was measuring 1cm.... its supposed to be at 3!

Once he shared the news with us he called our hospitals labor and delivery to let them know we were coming. We got the on call obgyn Dr.McWilliams. He explained the situation to me, hooked up a saline drip, put the baby monitor up on my belly to monitor baby, did a vaginal exam which revealed i was not dilated at all, took some labs, put in a catheter since I'm now bed bound, gave me an injection of a steriod to help develope babys lungs, and put leg massaging wraps on to prevent DTV. (Deep vein thrombosis *sp*)?

I'm currently doing a 24hr urine test to check the protein level in my urine. We are waiting to preform a test that will let us know the chanes of me delivering in the next 2 weeks. Everything is really a wait and see thing right now. Waiting on lab results and more tests. I will be here for at least 24 hrs.

Baby has a very strong heartbeat and is doing fine. I'm sure this makes no sense so forgive me.. just trying to give some info. We will update when we know more.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to keep shooting good thoughts your way all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Hope all is going well...keeping an eye on y'all via FB.
    On a lighter note...
    Leg Massaging Wraps = WANT!! ;-p
    How do they feel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive energy & hugs your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks niki and sharu :)

    Deana - thanks and the leg massagers work well.. just make your legs warm which can get anoying.

    ReplyDelete