Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

14w 3d appointment

Baby is growing very well and it was amazing to hear its sweet little heartbeat again. We got to see it but it wasn't bouncing around as much as before :P Still looked great and moving around nicely.. this time it liked to show off his/her arms and legs a lot :) No pictures today.. only really getting one at the gender ultrasound. She said my liver and kidney function testing came back great. I was super surprised about this but obviously thrilled. I've yet to do my glucose test but she's not concerned. She just wants it done before 16weeks (thats when I go off my metformin). I've been feeling so nauseous though that I've postponed it to prevent from throwing it up and having to redo it.

She wants me to go in for screening next week too look for chromosomal defects. The lab will just draw some lab for the test and depending on the results she can do further testing then. She said no matter the results it wouldn't change her management for my pregnancy but its more to ease the parents worry... even though it can often make you worry more. Heh.. We chose to just so we can have an understanding of what to expect.. and what the chances are for our little one.

I'm very eager to reach my 20 week mark because I'll be doing the gender ultrasound around then. Also I'm being scheduled for another ultrasound sometime soon (she put in the referral) once the imaging place calls to schedule it. She's having me check the babies heart again.. she said she'll be doing this a lot through out the entire pregnancy due to my twins history. I'm not concerned about it too much cause the hearts looking great so far. It's more to make sure and better prepare us at delivery in case something is wrong. She said around 24-28 weeks they'll do a fetal echo as well. All this just makes me feel more confident in the care I'm getting. I feel no matter the results theres really nothing I can do to change it so worrying doesn't help. :)

I'm just SO thrilled I got to see my actual OBGYN. She's so nice and seriously funny.. plus an amazing doctor. It was good to be able to talk to her after everything we've been through. I'm just really pleased over all with todays visit. Can't wait to our next one :D

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the baby doing so well! And it's AWESOME that you have a kick ass doctor :D

    ReplyDelete