Well today started off bumpy but ended well. I barely slept due to my mind wondering all night. Just so many questions I wanted to ask the doctor and so many concerns. Then after only 2 hours of sleep I was on my way to the doctors. I felt great about everything till we got to the receptionist desk and they couldn't find my appointment to check in. I was calm at first but then its like a trigger went off in me once we sat down waiting for assistance. I started sobbing like a baby. Its day 12 after all.. the scan had to happen today!! Anyway, luckily my favorite nurse Anne came by and sorted everything out. Apparently my "appointment" was a walk-in but I wasn't informed. All worked up over nothing... thanks hormones!
After waiting 20 minutes, Dr. Mathieu came in and did the ultrasound. Everything looked "great" which was AWESOME news for me. I don't hear that often due to my PCOS, but the ovaries looked great. Not only that but a beautiful 10mm follicle showed up (18mm or higher is required for the procedure to take place). So now we're waiting on day 14 (Saturday) to go back in for another scan and my hCG shot. Within 24-36 hours of the hCG shot I will have the procedure done. *crosses fingers* Then its basically a wait and see (up to 3 weeks) if we get a positive :)
I'm hopeful things turn out ok. Even if this time doesn't take.. at least we'll know what to expect or change for next time. I'm really trying to stay positive during all this.. and aside from minor hormonal issues, I've managed my emotions rather well lol. Thank goodness I have an awesome husband. He sure does rock at keeping me focused and happy during bumpy situations!
Anyway, off to bed.. just felt like updating those interested in everything. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for further progression. :) Night!

I'll be thinking of you guys on Saturday!!!
ReplyDelete