Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Such a big girl!

I say it a lot but I don't think I could say it enough.. she's growing so fast!

The crib was something we both weren't fans of before going back east. Now, she went in with almost no crying the first few nights. Every night we've been home she's to bed faster and slept longer in it (8-10hours!). Usually she'll cry for me if I leave until I end up helping her fall asleep (without taking her out of the crib) and then she'll sleep just fine. Last night was different though. She only fussed for a few (no crying or screaming) when I put her in the crib and left. I decided I would take a shower and in the time it took me to brush my teeth (before getting in) she was asleep. No crying for mommy. I was glad but also kind of heartbroken over her not wanting me to come back in.

I'm not sure if she will stick with it and fall asleep every night like that but if she does I'll be happy. I mean, it's not like she had been fighting me lately but it would be a 15-20 minute thing to get her to fall asleep once in the crib. Last night, it was 5 minutes or less without me there and she was just as alert as normal when I put her in. She just went to sleep on her own. She is such a big girl! Well.. for a 5 month old :)

1 comment: