This is one test I really hoped I wouldn't fail! Don't get me wrong, I knew with my issues I most likely would.. but was really hoping I wouldn't. I'm not too concerned that I failed my 1hr glucose test since I know a lot of women who have and then passed their 3hr. The 3hr one is what would diagnose me with gestational diabetes so I'm hoping I really do well on that one. I go for that next Friday.
My worries on the 3hr are that it's twice as sweet as the first drink. Luckily its the same amount though. However, even drinking the 1hr one made me sick after about my second sip. :( REALLY hope I don't actually throw up on this one. If you throw up they have to retest you another day.
What the test is: 1hr- You go to the lab and they give you a bottle of a "juice" that usually has very tasty options. I got fruit punch last time. You're told to drink the juice within 5 minutes. You then wait an hour, after that they draw your blood. This time for the 3hr I'll have to fast the night before then come in. They'll draw my blood and then hand me the stronger juice. After 5 minutes I have to wait an hour, draw blood, wait an hour, draw blood again, then wait another hour and draw blood one last time.
I'm not so worried about the waiting and being bored. I am however, extremely worried about not being able to drink it all without throwing up, getting really sick, not being able to eat within 30 minutes of drinking it (this made me VERY sick the first time), and of course failing it. Really hoping my body doesn't fail me now and will work with me on this so I pass.
Guess we'll just see how it goes! Wish me luck for Friday.. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment