Watching Our Little Girl Grow...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaylin Rose Snyder born on 01/01/11 at 7:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 4.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Nothing could have ever prepared me for how much I would love my daughter. I thought I knew what love was when I got pregnant with her, but that was nothing compared to how I now feel. You can't really ever describe what it feels like to become a mother, it's just so amazing. I'm truly blessed to have this little girl and can't imagine my life without her.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh man, is it Tuesday yet?

Never really been good with waiting and the more I read up about pregnancies the more I get inpatient. I just want to fast forward to the first time I hear the babies heart beat and see it on the ultrasound!!! It's all I can think about, and until that happens I know I wont be calm. As long as tests come back fine and theres no reason for concern my Doctors nurse said they could wait anywhere between week 8-12 to do that stuff. Then again, she said that all depends on the case and doctor. My doctor obviously knows my story and is more likely to do that stuff earlier on around week 4-6. I'm really hoping for sooner rather then later for significant proof lol. As if all the tests weren't enough.

I don't know, I can't explain it. Yes, I feel the symptoms. Yes, all the tests say theres without a doubt a baby growing inside of me. And yes, so far everything is moving forward just fine. BUT I feel the need to see whats going on. I know too early and all you really see is a "sac" on the ultrasound and the heartbeat is picked up a bit farther along in the first trimester (12 weeks)... but ahhhh. I'm dieing to see anything. Lol :)

I know every first time mom feels this way, and theres no way getting around it... but I wish I could just take it off my mind. I can't make this go faster, I can't insure that everything will turn out the way I want and it certainly wont make me feel any better wondering. I just want to see how Tuesday turns out, when my next appointment will be and find out whats going on inside.

On a side note -- Holy hormones! I sometimes say things and as I'm speaking I think to myself "Settle down crazy women!" Lol. I feel bad for Adam, friends and family.. I hear this gets worse. Yikes! Things are already getting me to be more cranky. I can get so upset over the silliest things now. (sad or pissy) In the back of my mind I know its the hormone levels rising, but still. I just find myself feeling more irritated with people. Same people I knew before the pregnancy now drive me crazy with things they say or do. I don't know why, but I find myself wanting to be anti-social sometimes.. just curling up on my couch and reading. Not that my friends here are doing anything, but people in general annoy me more. Driving like an idiot, talking on your cellphone in the movies, smoking in a non smoking area, and blocking the aisle in the supermarket.. pretty much sums up my current annoyances.

The other day I was in the store with Adam and we were trying to get past these 2 women. For some reason (most likely lack of brain) they couldn't figure out how to move to one side and let people by. Behind us the aisle was blocked due to stocking so them moving would give us our exit out of the aisle. But no, they kept moving their carts either slightly which still wasn't enough for my cart to get through or they'd go snail slow to move out of the aisle. What the heck? And anyway, why does Walmart feel the need to block off the aisle with their crates/boxes??? I don't understand that lol.

Anyway, I've spoken to other women who are preggo and they totally get what I mean... but it still doesn't make me feel any less crazy. It just makes me feel good to not be the only one who is :P

2 comments: